Top Bridal Makeup Tips to Look Stunning on Your Wedding Day
On your wedding day you want to look perfect in every single way. Dress, hair, makeup, shoes, accessories! There is so much to think about. We share some advice from our makeup courses and hair courses in Essex, for how to look stunning on your wedding day.
A wedding is a magical event, and you want to look beautiful for your special day. There are many ways you can do this, but making decisions can be difficult. The best thing to do is start to plan things in advance. Having plenty of time to try out bridal beauty ideas means that by the time the big day comes around, you’ll know exactly what you want.
If you choose a stylist for your wedding, be sure to be totally honest with them about the hairstyle and/or makeup you would like. You want to make sure that you are 100% happy with your look, so show them photos and ideas you have.
Bridal makeup and hair courses in Essex
Here in Essex we offer a bridal hair course, and a makeup course which teaches makeup for weddings and special occasions. If you work in the beauty industry, they are great course choices and can give you some different career opportunities.
Here our experts in Essex share tips for how to look stunning on your wedding day!
Bridal Hair Tips
Choosing the right hairstyle for your wedding is a big decision. Not only will you be having the do all day, but it will be in all of your photos, so you don’t want to look back and wish it had been different. There are 3 things to consider when thinking about bridal hairstyles:
- Style to match your dress – Your hairstyle can vary a lot depending on the dress you choose (Golden rule: always choose your dress first). You want a hairstyle which compliments your dress but doesn’t deter the attention away from it. You’ll also need to think about if you want to wear a hair accessory.
- Always be comfortable – This may seem obvious but you want a hairstyle that’s comfortable; you’ll have the same style all day, so you don’t want those bobby pins to start digging in or that plait to be too tight. Just like a dress, you need to be glamorous and also comfortable.
- Don’t be too ambitious – Have you always wanted to cut your hair short? or try the rainbow hair craze? I would recommend trying these things after your wedding. You might want a new look for your wedding but if it goes wrong, or doesn’t suit you, it could be difficult to get it looking normal again!
Makeup For Your Wedding Day
Like hairstyles, it’s a great idea to try different looks. Do you want a natural look? maybe bright coloured lips? These are the things you can experiment with before the big day. When trying out different makeup styles, find a top which is the same colour as your dress, so you can see how the colours and tones will match. Here are our top 3 tips for bridal makeup:
- Keep it simple – Like the hair, it’s best not to be too extravagant with your makeup, don’t let too many colours deter away from the dress. You also don’t want to wear lots of makeup as this will show under lighting and in photographs, which you definitely do not want!
- Think about dress colour – Remember the golden rule of picking a dress first? You need to know the colour of your dress to think about colours and tones of makeup to compliment it.
- Durability of makeup – You’ll be wearing the makeup all day so you need it be durable. Also, remember that you may be prone to crying on your wedding day, so wearing waterproof mascara is a must!
Elite School of Beauty Therapy offer a bridal hair course in Essex, as well as makeup courses which teach bridal and photographic makeup application. It’s a wonderful feeling to make brides look stunning on their special day! So give us a call on 01279 755077 to find out more!